Monday 9 February 2015

Graphic Narrative

What song lyrics have you chosen? Why?

I have chosen to use the song ‘Demons’ by Imagine Dragons for my Graphic Narrative project. I wanted to use this song because I think that whatever way you interpret them, whether literally or figuratively, they tell a story. I wanted to use a couple of lines from the song as opposed to all of it, and while they don’t go in the order that they do in the song itself, they are the lyrics that I had the most ideas for.

What format will your Graphic Narrative take?

My graphic narrative will be in the form of a comic book. I've started by drawing it all by hand, but I'm going to scan it into illustrator to edit it and make it look more like a comic strip. The style of the comic will be inspired by Frank Miller’s Sin City artwork. There will be six scenes and they will be almost completely in black and white, except for one piece of bright colour, like red or yellow.

How will you change your script to make it more modern, historical or futuristic twist to your script, illustrating a mood/style or intended target audience?



Even though it’s mostly hand drawn, I want my work to be in the style of a comic book, so I am going to use adobe illustrator to sharpen it and make it look more like a genuine comic. I am also going to use mostly black and white in each scene, and only use colour on one particular part to emphasise it more. The background of each picture will be black and everything else will be in white, for example silhouettes and rain. I think this colour scheme will make the work look more modern and so more appealing to the targeted audience, which will be teenagers. I also think having the comic in black and white will help to convey the mood of the song itself, which is quite sad and dramatic. 



No comments:

Post a Comment